If you want to add space between items in a numbered list, but don’t want to turn off the numbering, follow this checklist.
Creating Space Between List Items
- Create a new document.
- Click the Numbering button on the Formatting toolbar to start an automatic numbered list.
- Type First Item and press Enter.
- Type Second Item and press Enter.
- Type Third Item.
- Select all of the list items.
- From the Format menu, choose Paragraph and select the Indents and Spacing
- Under Spacing, set the Space After to 10 pts.
- Click OK.
Place your cursor after the end of the last list item and press Enter.
Word automatically applies 10 points between the last list item and the new item.
Each numbered list item is now separated by 10 pts. of space.
NB: Make sure the Don’t add space between paragraphs of the same style check box is turned off.