MS Word allows you to manage large documents by creating a Master Document and multiple sub-documents. The benefit of using a Master Document is that you can structure a large document by linking a single Master document to one or more sub-documents (i.e. chapters, sections, even paragraphs) , allowing you to work on each individually without interfering with the main document.
This also means you can assign out writing tasks, then simply link in the relevant chapter when it is ready.
Video Tutorial – How to Create a Master Document in Word
This video explains the following:
- What is a Master Document in MS Word?
- What are the advantages of using Master Documents?
- How To Create Master Documents In Word.
- Master Document Menu Options
- Troubleshooting Master Documents
- Best Practices: Master Documents