If you want to open a file with the .pages extension in MS Word:
- Save the file on your Windows computer.
- Right-click on the file and select Rename.
- Remove the .pages extension and enter .zip as the file extension.
- Open the Zip file. This will show you several files. .pages files are a compressed collection of files.
If you associate winzip or winrar with the .pages files on Windows, then double click on the .pages file, you can read the contents and save a local copy.
How to open Mac Pages File Using Google Docs
- Go to Google Docs
- Upload the Zip file or the pages file(s) to your Google Account
- Open the Pages file(s) in Google Docs. The pages document is displayed.
- Print the document (this converts the pages / docs document to PDF)
- Save it as PDF.
- In the PDF Reader, export the file to .txt format.
That way at least you have the text in the .Pages file.