How do you stop Word from automatically capitalizing words? Want to correct a word that contains mixed uppercase and lowercase letters.
Watch the following totorial to learn how to configure Word to proofread your documents – the way you want!
How to Steps
1. Go to File > Options > Proofing.
2. Click AutoCorrect.
3. Click Exceptions.
Do one or more of the following to prevent AutoCorrect from:
To capitalize a word you type after a specific abbreviation:
4. Click the First Letter tab, and then type the abbreviation (including the period) in the Don’t capitalize after box.
To correct a word that contains mixed uppercase and lowercase letters:
5. Click the INitial CAps tab, and then type the word in the Don’t correct box.
To correct a spelling error:
6. Click the Other Corrections tab, and then type the misspelled word in the Don’t correct box.
7. Click Add, and then click Close.