Yes, friend, you’d think it would be easy wouldn’t you. All you want to do is start page numbering form 1 on a different page in MS Word.
How to Start Page Numbering From 1 on a Different Page in Microsoft Word
- Open your document and place your cursor at the end of the page BEFORE the new section. Tip: Click just before the first character of the new section and press the left arrow key.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- Click Insert Page and Section Breaks from the Page Setup section.
- Click Next Page.
- Press the Right Arrow key to place your cursor at the beginning of the next section.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click Page Number from the Header & Footer section and select the preferred numbering format. For example, Top of page and Plain Number 1.
- Click Page Number from the Header & Footer section of the Design tab that appears, then select Format Page Numbers.
- Click Start at and verify that 1 appears in the field provided
- Click OK to restart the numbering.