What are content controls? In MS Word, these let you add drop-down lists, forms, calendars and other controls to your documents. Ideal when creating forms, for example. Here’s how to add them to your MS Word template.
On the Developer tab, in the Controls group, click Design Mode, and then insert the controls that you want, for example, let’s enter a series of rich text controls for a report.
- Click here to enter text.
- Enter any content that you want to repeat, including other content controls. You can also insert this control around table rows in order to repeat parts of a table.
- Insert a text control where users can enter text
- In a rich text content control, users can format text as bold or italic, and they can type multiple paragraphs. If you want to limit what users add, insert the plain text content control.
- In the document, click where you want to insert the control.
- On the Developer tab, in the Controls group, click Rich Text Content Control rich text control or the Plain Text Content Control plain text control.
- Click where you want to insert the control
- On the Developer tab, in the Controls group, click Picture Control picture control.