Treo Pro promises mobile workers an easy-to-use smartphone for businesses that want to simplify their IT infrastructures. Treo Pro includes email, Wi-Fi and GPS capabilities. It can deliver increased security, easier device management and access to information on the corporate network that Windows Mobile 6.1 provides.
Treo Pro’s design blends a high-resolution color touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard with a removable battery that packs up to five hours of talk time.
- One-touch Wi-Fi button — Easy, fast Wi-Fi connection experience (802.11b/g).
- Today screen enhancements — Web search directly from the Today screen.
- Ringer switch — Silences the device immediately.
- Screen saver — Lets users know at a glance — without turning on the device — what time it is and whether they have missed a call or have a new SMS/MMS message.
- New voicemail indicator — The center button flashes to let users know that a voicemail is waiting.
- Dedicated email and calendar buttons — Fast one-button access.
Lower Costs, Increased Productivity
With Treo Pro, businesses can take advantage of a tightly integrated Palm and Windows Mobile 6.1 solution for their mobile work forces, including:
- Microsoft Direct Push Technology — Connection to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 or 2007 gives users up-to-date email, contacts and calendars.
- Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 — With the deployment of Mobile Device Manager, the Treo Pro can deliver increased security, easier smartphone management and access to information on the corporate network.
- Applications for Windows Mobile — Businesses can extend mobility beyond email to optimize business processes.
- World phone — With high-speed UMTS/HSDPA network capabilities,(4) Treo Pro is a sleek world phone that’s ideal for companies with an international work force.
- Integrated GPS — Users can access maps, turn-by-turn directions and point-of-interest (POI) searches.
- Familiar Windows experience — Users can browse the web with built-in Internet Explorer Mobile; open, view, and edit Word and Excel compatible files; review PowerPoint presentations and PDF files; and open ZIP files remotely.