You can add multiple symbols to your Word documents. For example, you can add Copyright symbols to your business plans, trademark symbols to white papers and marketing brochures, as well as different currencies (yen, for example) and maths symbols. Here’s how to do it.
Follow these instructions to insert a symbol in your Word document.
- On the Insert tab, click Symbol.
- In the Symbols group, click Symbol. A drop-down menu appears.
- Click More Symbols. A dialog box appears. There are two tabs at the top of the dialog box.
- Click the Special Characters tab and click the special character you want to insert.
- Click Insert.
- Click Close.
Video – Insert Symbols in MS Word
Insert Symbols using shortcuts
You can add copyright and trademark symbols using a keyboard shortcut.
- Copyright – press Ctrl + Alt + C
- Trademark – press Ctrl + Alt + T
- Registered trademark – press Ctrl + Alt + R