Want to add special characters, such as the degree symbol – º – to your Word documents?
You can add the degree symbol – º – in MS Word if you are writing about recipes, mathematics, the weather, technical or scientific documents.
In this tutorial we look at how to insert this into your report.
How to add the Degree symbol to MS Word documents
Follow these steps:
- Click the INSERT tab on the ribbon.
- Click Symbol on the far right of the ribbon.
- Click the More Symbols drop-down menu.
- Find the degree symbol. You may have to scroll through the options to find it.
- Click on the symbol to insert it into your document.
Note that the Symbols dialog box remains open after you click Insert. So, close it to see that the symbol has been inserted. MS Word leaves it open in case you want to add another symbol.
See, it’s just trying to help.
Did that work for you?