TR ask, ‘How do I add fields to the Table of Contents in Microsoft Word 2007?’ The problem is that this is easy to do in Microsoft Word 2003 but not so obvious in Word 2007.
This is the best way to do it:
- Add a new Chapter Heading to your user guide
- Or Copy and Paste an existing heading
- Rename the Heading to the new title
- Go to the Table of Contents page.
- Right-click on the Table of Contents
- Click Update Field
- Click Update Entire Table
This will update the Table of Contents.
If you add Heading 2s and 3s, then just do the same and it should work.
Does it work?