Instead of using field codes to add filenames and file paths to your document, you can setup Word so that it displays these in the toolbar. You can then add these links to any page in an open document.
- Right-click on the toolbar.
- Select Customize and then the Commands tab.
- Scroll down the Categories list and click on All Commands.
- Scroll down the Commands list to Web Address.
- Drag the Web Address onto your toolbar. The web address bar is now displayed on your document’s path and filename.
- To add the file path to your document, click anywhere in the page, right-click in the web address bar, and then copy and paste it into your document.