To convert backslash characters into Yen signs in Word 2007, follow these steps:
1. Click the MS Office start button in the top left corner
2. Click Word Options from the bottom of this menu
3. Click the Advanced tab on the left
4. Scroll down to the very end of this tab – the very end!
5. Click the + sign next to Layout Options
6. Scroll down to How to convert backslash characters into Yen signs
7. Check this option
8. Click OK
Remember to turn off this option if you want to return to your regular settings.