The Diagnostics option replaces the Detect and Repair function you found in previous versions of Microsoft Office.
Use this to:
- Check for corrupt files and registry settings in MS Office.
- Check for hard disk issues.
- Verify your computer has latest service packs.
- Identify conflicting versions of Microsoft Office Outlook.
To run the Diagnostics in MS Word:
- Click Microsoft Office and then click Word Options.
- Click Resources.
- Click Diagnose.
- Click Continue and then click Start Diagnostics.
Before you do this, close all open programs, especially for memory and RAM testing.