In Microsoft Word, you get a free set of templates for many everyday business situations. You can modify these templates in a few simple steps.
In this exercise, we will change the Memo template’s font type and size.
On my PC, the Microsoft templates are located in C:Program filesMicrosoft OfficeTemplates.
The Memo template on my PC is named Memo.dot. To customize it, follow these steps:
- Go to File | Open and open Memo.dot.
- Choose File | Style to display the Style dialog box.
- Select Normal from the Styles pane.
- Select Modify | Format | Font. Change the Font to Arial and the size to 10. Click OK to exit the dialog boxes.
- Click Apply to apply the new settings.
In the Memo template, all normal text is now set to Arial 10.