If the white background in MS Word hurts your eyes, you can change the background color. This makes it easier on your eyes, reduces eye strain and headaches.
There are different ways to do this in different versions of MS Word.
Change the background color from white to blue in MS Word
MS Word 2007
To change the display to white text on a blue background:
- Click Tools, Options.
- On the General tab, select the check box beside Blue background, white text.
- Click OK.
Note: These only changes the background color. Documents are printed as usual.
Change the Office Theme in MS Word
MS Word 2010
Word 2010 doesn’t let you change to the blue background. Instead, it offers three different ‘office’ themes.
To change the office theme:
- In MS Word, click File, Account.
- Select Office Theme.
- Choose White, Light Grey, or Dark Grey.
Change the background or color of a document
MS Word 2013
In MS Word, you can change the background or color of a single page:
- Click DESIGN, Page Color. This option is on the far right of the men bar.
- Select a color under Theme Colors or Standard Colors.
- To add a custom color, click More Colors and then click a color.
- To add a gradient, texture, pattern, or picture, click Fill Effects, click the Gradient, Texture, Pattern, or Picture tab, and then click the options you want.
To remove the page color, click Design, Page Color, No Color.