Want to find out how many characters or words there are in your Word document?
There are two ways to find the Word count:
- Click the WORDS icon in the status bar at the bottom on the screen. It’s next to the Language setting.
- In the Review tab, click Word Count in the Proofing It’s fourth from the left.
The Word Count dialog box displays the following:
- Characters (no spaces)
- Characters (with spaces)
Tip: You can choose to include textboxes, footnotes and endnotes in the statistics.
How to Delete a Blank Page In MS Word 2010
If you can’t delete a blank page in your MS Word document, it’s probably because a section break has been created or was copy/pasted in accidentally.
Here’s how to get rid of the section break and delete the blank page:
- Click the PAGE LAYOUT 5th from the left on the top menu.
- Click the Page Setup icon in the lower-right corner of the tab. It’s the small icon under Hyphenation. This opens the Page Setup dialog box.
- Click the Layout
- Select Continuous in Section start.
- Select Whole Document in Apply to.
- Click OK.